Becoming a Member
Join the largest Counsellor registration body in the country.
Membership gives you access to the most comprehensive and cheapest insurance, broadest range of professional development events, full time support staff, national and local representation, and much more.
Thank you for your interest in joining the association, the following explains the mission and criteria of the association. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there are any points that need clarifying or do not fully explain to your satisfaction what is required.
The Australian Counselling Association (ACA) fulfils a critical role within the counselling industry - as will your involvement in the Association. The primary aims and functions of the Australian Counselling Association are: -
- To provide a single unified voice for the counselling industry.
- To provide a consistent Code of Ethics and set of Practitioner Standards for counsellors.
- To establish a national complaints tribunal.
- To assess, review and approve counsellor education courses.
- To maintain a national register of practicing counsellors.
- To lobby on behalf of its membership to government and industry for the betterment of the profession.
- To make the general public at large more aware of the counselling profession and the availability of reputable counsellors.
- To create employment opportunities for our members wherever possible.
Join Online Today
Become a member of the largest Counsellor registration body in the country.
Alternatively, if you would like to post your application into the ACA you can download the ACA membership application form here.