About the ACA
ACA is Australia's largest single registration body for Counsellors and Psychotherapists with over 9,000 members. ACA serves a crucial role in advocating and advancing the profession of counselling and psychotherapy.
ACA's objectives include:
- Promote and advocate for the counselling profession.
- Represent its members to government and industry.
- Establish appropriate training standards for the profession.
- Accredit education courses for Counsellors.
- Assist members with employment and practice development.
- Recognise appropriate professional development opportunities for members.
- Establish and oversee codes of ethical practice.
- Assist the mental health consumer access ethical and appropriate service providers.