Level 3 Membership: $320 per annum
A Registered Counsellor Level 3 has graduated from an ACA-accredited course of study in counselling at the following AQF levels. For a list of ACA Accredited courses visit: https://www.theaca.net.au/careers-and-study.php
- Bachelor of Counselling (AQF level 7) plus evidence of 75 hours post-qualification supervision
- Master of Counselling (AQF level 9) plus evidence of 75 hours post-qualification or
- ACA Accredited Course at Bachelor AQF level 7 or Master AQF level 9 with evidence of 75 hours post-qualification supervision hours.
What do I need to apply for Membership:
- Certificate or Testamur of qualification certified by a JP (Justice of the Peace)
- Full Academic Transcript of qualification certified by a JP (Justice of the Peace)
- Evidence of 75 hours post qualification supervision hours – Letters from past and present supervisors on company letterhead signed and dated are approved, workplace logbooks signed by supervisors are also approved.
Please note: A Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma of Counselling AQF level 8 are not eligible for level 3 membership.
- Completed at minimum of two years post-qualification supervised counselling practice and,
- Must provide evidence of 75 hours post-qualification professional/clinical supervision and,
- Must provide a statutory declaration for 750 client contact hours. https://www.ag.gov.au/sites/default/files/2022-02/commonwealth-statutory-declaration-form.pdf
The ACA Scope of Practice page 15 states: https://www.theaca.net.au/documents/ACA_Scope_combined.pdf
Qualifications: ACA does not accept qualifications in psychology, social science, social work, welfare, mental health, education, theology, genetic counselling, financial counselling, rehabilitation counselling, or hybrid qualifications.
Additionally, once you are approved as an ACA Registered Counsellor must complete at minimum 10 hours of professional/clinical supervision and 25 points in Professional Development (OPD). SUPERVISION AND OPD IS MANDATORY FOR ALL ACA PRACTISING MEMBERS.
Find a supervisor - https://www.theaca.net.au/find-supervisor.php
Professional Development - https://www.theaca.net.au/find-events.php
Join Online Today
Become a member of the largest Counsellor registration body in the country. If you require more information please download the ACA Scope of Practice https://www.theaca.net.au/documents/ACA_Scope_combined.pdf, call 1300 784 333 or email email@example.com.