Event Details - Mindfulness Practice for Personal Wellness, Resilience and Effectiveness
|Title:||Mindfulness Practice for Personal Wellness, Resilience and Effectiveness|
|Type of Activity:||Workshops & Seminars|
|Objective of Course / Workshop:||
This two-day workshop invites you to expand your understanding of Mindfulness and how a Mindfulness practice can help you and your clients navigate through your daily life. Phil Chen has delivered this workshops over 50 in the last 5-years, mostly for the Ford Management groups, to reduce stress, anxiety and improve their professional performance.
The number of participants in each session are limited to 20 to facilitate an intensive learning experience.
This course is designed to allow participants to share their personal experience and knowledge that enriches the learning process. This element of the workshop has been highly evaluated by participants.
By the end of the course participants will have:
· Reviewed and developed a deeper understanding of Mindfulness and how to start one’s own personal Mindfulness practice.
· Gained a better understanding of what meditation is and is not.
· Be exposed to various Mindfulness meditations and how it is used to train the mind to increase one’s awareness, mind fitness and agility.
· The start of a journey to find one’s true self and search for the meaning and purpose in one’s life.
· A basic understanding of how Cognitive Behavioural Therapy has been extended to Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
· Explored how Mindfulness can reduce stress, anxiety and worries and increase resilience and sense of self-fulfilment.
Consider why it is so difficult to maintain a personal Mindfulness practice.
· Explore the key Mindful qualities and how they can be cultivated.
|Course / Workshop Outline:||
• What is Mindfulness and explore the various aspects of the concept of “being present”, equanimity, acceptance and being non-judgmental.
• What is Mindfulness meditation and how it helps to increase mind fitness, agility and responsiveness.
• Guided meditations: Breathscape, Soundscape and Mindscape
• How a mindful mind can help reduce stress, anxiety, and worrying and other emotional episodes.
• Understand the differences between external and internal stressors and how some can cause good stress whilst others can cause bad stress
• Connection between thoughts and emotions and how the emotional impact of irrational thoughts can be mitigated.
• The operational definition of Mindfulness
• Guided meditations: Bodyscan, Centering meditation, and walking meditation
• Plasticity of the brain
• Self-awareness – who am I? Define “self” as a construct, within which Mindfulness can be practised.
• How to use Mindfulness to manage the “self” to minimise our own suffering
• The key Mindfulness qualities and how to cultivate them.
How to incorporate Mindfulness into our personal life and use Mindfulness to help our clients.
|Course / Workshop content:||
A significant portion of the course comprises experiential learning. Participants are invited to experience various guided Mindfulness meditations.
Learning through break-out groups using participants own experiences to re-enforce topics under discussion.
Participants will derive maximum benefit from the course if they are willing to reflect on their own feelings, attitudes, beliefs and past experiences.
Feedback from participants
“I found Phillip’s Mindfulness workshop to be a rewarding experience, helping me understand the importance of a focussed mind at work and home, and to cope with the increasing need to merge what used to be considered work-time and home-time. The discussions with colleagues during the course were very rewarding as we shared issues and thoughts and developed our understanding of mindfulness. The short meditations and breathing exercise practiced in the course have become a mandatory part of my day to help calm my grass-hopper mind, and even in the short time since then I have noticed a more calm and focussed approach to the multiple demands at work and out of work.”
David Wilkinson, Vehicle Line Director, Ford Asia Pacific
“I am really impressed and surprised to learn how the mindfulness concepts and technics could help me to reduce stress, anxiety and improve performance, especially in our current busy and pressured life. I want to help spreading these concepts, as I am convinced that we can have better people and a better world using mindfulness. I am also looking forward to learn more about it.”
Gustavo Fiod Schiavotelo, Electrical Engineering Chief Engineer, Ford South America
“I never knew how the complexities of our world could dramatically influence our lives. The workshop helped me to learn the importance of truly understanding who we are as well as to recognise that there are so many factors that trigger our emotions. I learned to develop tools to help me deal with stresses that not only influence my emotions, but also how stress influences my colleague’s emotions. Phil’s knowledge and genuine passion for stress management and mindfulness created a fantastic and fun learning environment. The power of meditation and breathing as a technique to deal with some of the workplace/life stresses we face every day was incredible. I highly recommend this workshop to anyone.”
Tony O’Day Operations Manager – Country Fire Authority HQ, Victoria
“I found the Mindfulness Workshop to be well worth the time sacrifice. Very few workplace improvement training lives up to the promise and Phil’s workshop is an exception. Phillip’s combination of counselling training and industry experience provides him with a unique set of skills that quickly cut through the baggage we all carry and help us instil our staff with effective tools to improve their focus, effectiveness and team work. I would highly recommend the workshop”
Dave Collins, Managing Director, Synergetics Pty Ltd
“This workshop is not like the usual workshops. I found it to be very meaningful and it allows us to learn how we can develop ourselves. We learn the basics of psychology and Mindfulness concepts that provide us with the opportunity to improve ourselves, to make our life better, not only at work but also in our personal and family life.”
Pak Kencono Wibowo, Deputy CxO, XL Axiata Indonesia
|Start/End Date:||21/02/2019 to 22/02/2019|
|Time:||09:00:00 - 16:30:00|
|Presenter / Provider:||Phil Chen|
|Contact Name:||Phili Chen|
|Qualifications:||MSc. Eng, GradDip Psychological Studies, Master of Counselling|
About the trainer
Phil Chen recently retired from Ford Australia after a 38 years career as an engineer, of which 24 years were spent in a management role. His interest in psychology started 15 years ago. He has a Bachelor and a Master Degrees in Engineering; a Graduate Diploma in Psychological Studies and holds a Masters in Counselling. The focus of his Master’s thesis is on how to use Mindfulness training to improving personal wellness, efficacy and effectiveness of Senior Managers in the business world.
Phil has conducted over 40 Mindfulness workshops in Australia and 8 overseas (Indonesia, China, Thailand, India, Malaysia and Brazil). For Phi, the training is a way he can pass on his knowledge and experience to as many people as he can, as a ways of giving back for the fantastic opportunities that this life has afforded him.
Phil was appointed Adjunct Fellow of the Wade Institute, Ormond College, Melbourne University to conduct a course on ‘Mindfulness for Entrepreneurs’ as part of the Master of Entrepreneurship program.
Phil developed his training skills when he was delivering technical training for 4 years in Ford Affiliate Companies in China, India, Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan and South Africa. The training included APQP, Product Development System, G8D problem solving and FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis).
Phil has also completed a Meditation Teacher training course.
|Address:||Veneto Club, Gondola Room|
|Address 2:||191 Bulleen Road,|
|Is there disability parking and entry?||Yes|
|Are meals included with this event?||Yes|
|If yes, what meals?||Morning / Afternoon Tea & Lunch|
|Cost ($):||$590 early bird (before 25 January 2019), or $660 full fee|
|Registration Instruction (if applicable):|