Your Guide to the ACA Careers Centre
Matching job seekers to employment opportunities
The ACA Careers Centre is a central hub where employers can advertise current job vacancies to the right candidates and job seeker can find suitable employment opportunities within the counselling industry. In August 2022, over 200 jobs were posted in to the ACA Careers Centre! These jobs spanned all Australian States and Territories with a range suitable for new graduates to experienced practitioners, and across all levels of membership.
The ACA Careers Centre is an information service, not a recruitment service.
How does the ACA Careers Centre work?
What are the benefits to the ACA Careers Centre?
As a job seeker:
Members can quickly and easily find jobs in their area and desired field, that are specific to Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Only accessible to ACA members.
- Ability to filter searches by state, city, speciality and work type.
- All job listings are linked to the advertiser’s original ad, so there’s no need to manage any additional accounts.
- Setup email notifications to advise you of any new job listings.
As an employer:
Job vacancies that are listed on the ACA Career Centre provide increased opportunities for suitable candidates to find your job listings.
- Get your ad in-front of the largest network of Counsellors and Psychotherapists in the country.
- Easy to use process that links your ACA Career Centre job listings to your current Seek ad so there’s no double handling.
- Free to post as many ads as you like!
What are the most frequently posted jobs on the ACA Careers Centre?
Often, the positions available to Counsellors and Psychotherapists will not be titled “Counsellor” or “Psychotherapist”. The Counselling industry is wide-reaching and diverse. There are more opportunities out there for counsellors than we realise. Here are some of the common terms and positions advertised:
- Counsellor or Psychotherapist
- Drug & Alcohol Intake Officer
- Counsellor Educator
- Community Mental Health Worker
- Disability Liaison Officer
- Clinical Manager
- Therapeutic Specialist
- Mental Health Worker
- Integrated Therapy Team Leader
- Case Manager
- Women’s Wellness Advocate
- Health and Wellbeing Consultant
- Early Intervention Mental Health Clinician
- Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Multicultural Services
- Community Worker
- Helpline Advisor
- First Responder
- Support Worker
- Family Support Officer
- Refugee Services Officer
- EAP Clinician/Counsellor
- CBT Consultant
- Group Facilitator
- Crisis Counsellor Advocate