The ACA National Conference 2018 will explore the definitions and focuses on resilience-building through counselling; as more and more Australians seek support for mental health issues, having the resilience to overcome future issues is a significant need for clients. The conference will also discuss the growth in the counselling and promote best practice models. The conference will also cover more traditional themes that include relationships, models of therapy, financial counselling, domestic violence issues, drug and alcohol services and other areas.
There will be pre-conference workshops on Friday 7th September for delegates to attend in addition to the conference on the Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th September 2018.
The conference venue is Stamford Plaza Hotel, 111 Little Collins Street, Melbourne close to Federation Square and other main attractions in Melbourne. The venue is close to all forms of public transport and public car parks.
This conference is a fantastic opportunity to network with some of Australia's finest speakers and researchers and to profile your area of expertise in a positive collegial atmosphere.
The 2018 conference features:
- Pre-conference workshops on Friday 7th September
- 2 Keynote speakers
- 40 selected speakers
- Interactive workshops
- Significant networking opportunities
- Networking event including meet and greet with presenters
ACA is Australia's largest single registration body for Counsellors and Psychotherapists with over 5,000 members. ACA serves a crucial role in advocating and advancing the profession of counselling and psychotherapy.
ACA's objectives include:
- Promote and advocate for the counselling profession.
- Represent its members to government and industry.
- Establish appropriate training standards for the profession.
- Accredit education courses for Counsellors.
- Assist members with employment and practice development.
- Recognise appropriate professional development opportunities for members.
- Establish and oversee codes of ethical practice.
- Assist the mental health consumer access ethical and appropriate service providers.
ACA's achievements this year include:
- Announced Bupa and Police Health Fund partner agreement
- Over 1,000 jobs advertised since 1 January 2018
- Welcomed over 400 new members (Jan-Mar 2018)